There shall be a three-member Nominating Committee composed of one Board Member selected by the Board, and two voting members of the congregation who are not Board Members, and who have responded to a call for volunteers, to be presented to the congregation at the annual congregational meeting in May. The terms of all members shall be two years. The Committee may seek counsel from additional congregational members and the minister, as appropriate.
- Each member of the Nominating Committee must be a voting member of the congregation during the entire term on the Committee.
- The Nominating Committee shall elect a chair who shall serve for one year.
- All members of the Nominating Committee shall assume office on July 1 st.
- No elected member of the Nominating Committee shall serve for more than five of the previous six years.
- A member of the Nominating Committee may be removed with the approval of the Board of Directors
- If any member of the Nominating Committee vacates the position, the Board shall appoint a replacement to fill the unexpired term.
Nominating Committee Policy
Board Approved March 25, 2015, Unitarian Universalist Church of Bowling Green, Kentucky
This Section does not alter the term of office of any member of the Nominating Committee serving at the time of its adoption.
In January, the Nominating Committee shall request from the Board information regarding open Board positions for the upcoming year. The Board shall receive status updates regarding Nominating Committee activities, as requested. The Nominating Committee shall nominate at least one person for each Board of Directors position, including that of President-elect, to be elected by the congregation, with the objective of providing representative balance to all elected bodies.
Candidates for consideration should meet the following criteria:
- Be a member in good standing.
- Display an aptitude for and interest in leadership.
- Have demonstrated the ability to work productively within a group.
Anyone desiring to run for a Board position will submit a Board Nomination Form to the chairman of the Nominating Committee by a date determined by the Nominating Committee after conferring with the Board President. The blank forms will be made available in the church newsletter and by email to all members. Completed forms should be submitted electronically to the Nominating Committee Chair.
The complete list of nominees shall be presented to the Board by the end of April and made available to the congregation for review in advance of the Congregational Meeting in May.