Envisioning Our Future
Thank you for sharing your ideas for a new vision for our beloved community! At the Winter 2016 Congregational Meeting, the congregation will vote on a new vision statement for our church.
PROPOSED VISION STATEMENT for UUCBG
“We envision a welcoming congregation with abundant resources and diverse ministries, nourishing people in body, mind, and spirit within a garden that honors the earth. We envision our church as a wellspring of spiritual exploration, learning, and action, where all are inspired and empowered to connect with our wider community and to improve our world.”
PROPOSED VISION STATEMENTS FROM THE JUNE 14 WORKSHOP
- We envision a community of spiritual curiosity, mindful communication, social justice, and earth centered consciousness, so that we are a beacon of hope in western Kentucky.
- Our congregation, mindful of the need for spiritual balance, nurtures spiritual and intellectual growth in the search for ultimate truth and serves as a force for positive change in the community.
- We will articulate a multigenerational church that supports and sustains multiple versions of social justice. We envision a beloved community working toward peace, encouraging diversity and mutual learning.
- We aspire to be a viable and vital community that provides nourishment to people who have accepted the responsibility of developing their own spiritual and philosophical path while promoting our ideals to the wider society.
- Our vision is for our church to be a center of learning and spiritual growth for all ages where we are empowered and inspired to make a difference in our community.
- We strive to attract caring, compassionate people willing to listen and learn: to share knowledge, develop wisdom, grow in spirituality, rationality, and flow with change.
- We aspire to be a vibrant, open sanctuary in which each individual is free to pursue his or her spiritual and intellectual search for meaning and truth through learning, teaching, and service.