New Board Members
We had two open seats on the Board of Directors for the term 1 July 2016 to 30 June 2018. The members of our congregation have elected Laura McGee and Buzzy Groves to fill those seats. Many thanks to David Wellman for standing forth as a candidate!
In June, the new Board will be selecting its officers for the coming year. As of 1 July, the Board of Directors will be:
- Peter Connolly: ex officio
- Matt Foraker: 2015 to 2017
- Jan Garrett: 2015 to 2017
- Buzzy Groves: 2016 to 2018
- Kerry Kenady: 2015 to 2017
- Laura McGee: 2016 to 2018
- Susan Webb: 2015 to 2017
Endowment Committee Members Confirmed
At the annual meeting, the congregation voted to confirm the two nominees—Kerry Kenady and Eileen Arnold—for a three-year term. The members of the Endowment Committee are:
- Valerie Brown: Jan 2014 to Jan 2017
- Gregory-Mabry: Jan 2014 to Jan 2017
- John Downing: Jul 2015 to Jun 2018
- Kerry Kenady: Jan 2014 to Jul 2019
- Eileen Arnold: Jan 2014 to Jul 2019
Committees and Ministries and Teams
This spring, the Board and Church Leadership Council (CLC) decided to adjust our church organization by grouping committees with similar missions. We had been calling these groups “Ministries”, but since that word is used frequently in church settings and could be confusing, at the June CLC meeting, it was decided to call them “Teams” instead. We have six Teams:
- Caring Community Team (Hospitality, Membership, Caring Committee, Social Groups)
- Spiritual Growth Team (Worship Services, Religious Exploration (Adult and Youth), Library, Small-Group Ministry)
- Improving Our World Team (Social Justice Action, Ecological Land Ministry, Buildings & Grounds)
- Stewardship Team (Finance, Pledge Drive, Endowment, Budget, Fundraising)
- Human Resources Team (Nominating Committee, Committee on Ministry, Facilitators, Personnel)
- Communications Team (Newsletter, Websites, Publicity, Documentation, Sign-Changers)
Each Team has a Coordinator, who is responsible for calling meetings and making sure the team reports are completed and turned in. To increase communication and coordination among the entire church, each Team has a Board Liaison (who can also be the coordinator). Members of the Committee on Ministry will offer suggestions and support.
With this transition, some committees may notice no change in how they work, while other committees may decide to meet at different times or adjust how they achieve their tasks. There are likely to be a few wrinkles that need ironing out, and your patience and willingness to try new things are greatly appreciated!
Board to Fill Vacancies
In June, the Board of Directors will be filling several vacancies in the church, since we need three members of the Nominating Committee and three members of the Committee on Ministry.