Procedure for Service Coordinator
The service coordinator
- reviews the title and teaser and suggests edits if necessary
- makes sure the jobs of readers, song leader, accompanist, moderator are all filled
- gets a bio from guest speakers and sends that (along with Title and Teaser and quote to Communications committee at least 2.5 weeks before the service
- sends title and teaser and quote to office by deadline (at least 2.5 weeks before the service)
- works with the accompanist to chose the music and sends the accompanist the final list of music as soon as possible so there’s time to practice
- fills out the OOS Worksheet and sends that to the office and other people involved in the service before 9 a.m. on the Monday before the service.
- assists speaker as needed
- contacts people involved in the service to make sure all will run smoothly on Sunday morning.
The Sunday Services Committee agreed to the following procedure for minutes.
Dates may be adjusted as necessary to meet the deadline for the Board Minutes.
- The secretary for that meeting will send out the minutes by the Friday after the meeting to all committee members and any attendees.
- Members of the committee and attendees will respond by Tuesday with any corrections or additions.
- The secretary will incorporate the changes and send the 2nd Draft to everyone by the 2nd Friday after the meeting.
- People have until Sunday evening to review the 2nd Draft and send any further corrections.
- The Secretary will send the final version of the minutes to the committee members and meeting attendees, the church office, and the Committee on Ministry’s liaison to SSC by Monday morning at 9 a.m..
- During the next meeting, the minutes need not be approved since they’ve been reviewed via email.
Announcements during Sunday Services – (August 2015)
- Announcements must be submitted via email to email@example.com before 9 p.m. on Saturday or on index cards on by 10:55 on Sunday morning. Leave the index cards in the basket on the sign-up table near the big bulletin board in the Olympia Brown Atrium.
- Announcements should be brief (less than 100 words (about 1 minute’s time)). They can refer to other sources (bulletin, person, newsletter, etc.) so people can find out more.
- The moderator or the minister shares the announcements, unless the Moderator or Coordinator or the Minister has arranged for someone else to make an announcement. That person should go to the pulpit and use the microphone so that people can hear. No announcements will be made from the floor.
- Announcements happen after the children leave. During a UU Festival for All Ages, when the children are there the whole service, announcements should be very brief.